- Steam Museum of the Great Western Railway: Based on Fire Fly Avenue and ideally suited next to the Outlet Village, the Steam Museum is always a great place to visit on your own or with friends and family. Whilst it is nowhere the size of the York Railway Museum, it ticks all the boxes. It has easy access, wonderful interpretation for all age groups and remarkably clean. You can find out more information here: http://www.steam-museum.org.uk/
- Museum of Computing: Based in the Town Centre just by the Town Hall and the Wyvern Theatre, this is really one of Swindon’s hidden gems. The Museum of Computing was one of first computing museums in the county. They have loads of hands-on exhibits, allowing you to experience computers and related items as they were in the past. You can find out more information here: https://www.museumofcomputing.org.uk/
- Stanton Park: Open fields, woodlands, lakes and streams. What more could you want? This very popular park is well loved by families and dog walkers. There’s even a cafe in the farmhouse that does tea, coffee and cakes at very good prices in aid of charity.
- Incarcerated: Based in Victoria Road is a new escape Room experience that is very popular in Swindon. The basics of it, is that you are trapped in a room and the clock is ticking with only 60 minutes to escape. Incarcerated is fantastic for team building or just for gloating over your friends. You can find out more information here: http://incarcerated.co.uk/
- Rockstar Climbing: Based at Hobley Drive, Rockstar Climbing is fast becoming one of Wiltshire’s premiere climbing & bouldering centres (properly in the south west from my personal point of view). Rockstar is a great place to take children as they have a large mix of walls and routes (that are changed monthly) so has something to fit all abilitys. It’s also a great place to go with friends. Oh did I mention there’s a cafe as well? That does great chocolate brownies. For more information, check out: https://www.rockstarclimbing.co.uk/
This article is the personal views of the writer and has not been sponsored in any way.